Mumbai: Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal on Tuesday announced eight guarantees for the teachers of Punjab, ahead of the Assembly elections.
The AAP National Convener has assured teachers of a suitable working environment, timely promotion, cashless medical facility, regularisation of contractual jobs and training from abroad.
Following are the eight guarantees for teachers by Arvind Kejriwal ahead of Punjab polls:
- The suitable working environment for teachers.
- All contractual teachers will be regularized.
- Change in the transfer policy and it will be transparent.
- Teachers will not perform any non-teaching jobs.
- Time-bound promotions for teachers.
- Cashless medical facility for teachers and their family members.
The Seventh guarantee of the AAP is that there are a lot of teaching vacancies in Punjab but teachers are still unemployed. “All vacancies will be filled,” Kejriwal told reporters on Tuesday.
All teachers in the state will also be trained from abroad or management institutes like the Indian Institute of Management (IIM), Kejriwal’s eight guarantees in Punjab said.
Kejriwal also targeted the ruling Congress government in Punjab and the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP)-ruled states for not doing anything to improve the condition of government schools.