Mumbai: China continued on Monday with its fanatical lies over the situation in eastern Ladakh along the Line of Actual Control, where a fresh confrontation took place between its troops and the soldiers of the Indian Army.
The latest incident occurred on the southern coast of Pangong Tso when the People’s Liberation Army personnel carried out ‘provocative military operations’ on the night of 29 and 30 August, but Indian Army personnel stationed there were on alert. It was told that no soldiers were injured in the incident.
However, the Chinese Foreign Ministry again refused to provoke the Indian troops and blamed India for the incident. “Chinese border troops never cross the Line of Actual Control. Two parties in communication about the conditions on the ground,” according to the Chinese Foreign Ministry.
The Indian Army had previously stated that the PLA changed the status quo to “unilateral” “unilateral military movements” in Pangong Tso on the southern coast.
The PRO of the Indian Army, Colonel Aman Anand, said on Monday that the People’s Liberation Army (PLA) soldiers tried to breach the consensus on the southern bank of Lake Pangong Tso on the night of 29 and 30 August (Saturday and Sunday). It may be noted here that India and China have been engaged in a dispute so far on the northern shore of the lake.
“On the night of 29/30 August, PLA troops violated the previous consensus arrived at during military & diplomatic engagements during an ongoing standoff in Eastern Ladakh and carried out provocative military movements to change the status quo,” Col Anand tweeted.
“Indian troops pre-empted this PLA activity on the Southern Bank of Pangong Tso Lake, undertook measures to strengthen our positions and thwart Chinese intentions to unilaterally change facts on the ground.
“The Indian Army is committed to maintaining peace and tranquility through dialogue but is equally determined to protect its territorial integrity. A Brigade Commander level Flag Meeting is in progress at Chushul to resolve the issues,” he added.
The development comes just two and a half months after the skirmish in the Galvan Valley in eastern Ladakh. On the night of 15 and 16 June, troops from India and China clashed near Patrolling Point 14 and 20 Indian Army soldiers were killed in the skirmish. China also lost a large number of troops in conflicts but has not officially confirmed the number so far.