Top News

India likely To Roll Out First COVID-19 Vaccine Within 10 Days, Says Health Ministry

Mumbai: Days after approving the emergency use of two Covid-19 vaccines, the government has announced that the vaccination campaign will begin for 10 days.

As reported on the dry-run, the government stated that it is ready to introduce the COVID-19 vaccine within 10 days from the date of the emergency use authorisation.

It should be noted that Serum Institute of India (SII) Covishield was approved for emergency use on 3 January, while Covaxin of Bharat Biotech was given a similar permission a day later.

Also Read: Serum Institute, Bharat Biotech Pledge Smooth Vaccine Rollout

Meanwhile, during the press conference of the Ministry of Health in New Delhi, Secretary Rajesh Bhushan said that there are four primary vaccine stores called GMSD located in Karnal, Mumbai, Chennai and Kolkata and a total of 37 vaccine stores in the country. He said that they store the vaccines in bulk and distribute them further.

“The number of vaccines stored and temperature trackers in the facility are monitored digitally. We have this facility for over a decade in the country,” said Union Health Secretary Rajesh Bhushan

Also Read: India Reports 20 More Cases UK COVID19 Strain, Tally Rose To 58

“There are 4 primary vaccine stores called GMSD located in Karnal, Mumbai, Chennai and Kolkata and there are 37 vaccine stores in the country. They store vaccines in bulk and distributes further,” he said.

Talking about the status of coronovirus in the country, the Secretary of the Union Ministry of Health said that the number of active cases in the country has come down to less than 2.5 lakhs and continues to decline. He also said that the positivity rate is currently only 1.97 per cent.

Around 44 per cent of the total active cases in the country have moderate or severe symptoms and are being treated in hospitals. While the remaining 56 per cent cases are very mild or asymptomatic and are in home isolation.

“The overall burden on health delivery structure has declined appreciably on account of COVID-19 in India,” added the Health Secretary.

Follow us on TwitterInstagram, and like us on Facebook for the latest updates and interesting stories.

Tags
Show More

Comments

Total number of coronavirus cases in India crosses 700

No.of Cases in India Infected: 724 Death: 17 Recovered: 66

Close

Adblock Detected

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker