ENTERTAINMENT

Never Asked Rhea To Leave Sushant: Mahesh Bhatt To Police

Mumbai: Filmmaker Mahesh Bhatt, who was called on Monday to record his statement in the Sushant Singh Rajput suicide case, told the police that he had met the actor only twice in life.

ANI reported that Bhatt while recording his statement in Santa Cruz police station said, “I do not support nepotism. I have given my first chance to so many newcomers. I have met Sushant Singh only twice – once in 2018 for my book and then in 2020.”

Bhatt also said that he never asked actor Riya Chakraborty to leave her lover Rajput.

“I never said anything to Rhea Chakraborty about leaving Sushant or anything like that. Rumors about this are baseless,” he said.

The filmmaker said casting Rajput in his upcoming movie “Sadak 2” did not work due to some reasons.

Sushant in ‘Sadak 2’ was not working for some reason, but it is not true that Sushant asked Rhea to cast opposite him and that’s why he was removed from Sadak 2, ”he said.

‘Sadak 2’ marked the comeback of Mahesh Bhatt as director after 21 years. Apart from Alia Bhatt, the film also stars Aditya Roy Kapur, Sanjay Dutt, and Pooja Bhatt in lead roles. Alia had earlier announced that the film ‘Sadak 2’ will be released on the OTT platform.

Also Read: Rhea Chakraborty To Apply For Interim Bail After She Was Accused By Shushant’s Father KK Singh

According to the police, statements of 40 people, including film critic Rajeev Masand, director-producer Sanjay Leela Bhansali, and filmmaker Aditya Chopra have been recorded in the investigation so far.

Follow us on TwitterInstagram, and like us on  Facebook for the latest updates and interesting stories.

Tags
Show More

Comments

Total number of coronavirus cases in India crosses 700

No.of Cases in India Infected: 724 Death: 17 Recovered: 66

Close

Adblock Detected

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker