Mumbai: Soon after Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal said that his government has sought permission from the Center regarding the closure of the COVID hotspot in the national capital, Deputy Chief Minister Manish Sisodia on Tuesday dismissed all speculation and said that the government had no such plans.
The Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) government sent a proposal with Kejriwal to the Center in this regard, then the deputy CM’s statement came that there are potential hotspots.
Speaking to CNBC-TV18, Sisodia said that there are no plans for another lockdown or mini lockdown in Delhi. He further said that due to festivals, crowds in Delhi markets increase but the government hopes that the festive season winds will decrease.
Talking about the proposal sent to the Center, he said that the Delhi government has sought exemption from the Home Ministry rules only to reduce congestion.
We will look to prevent congestion in markets subject to testing, positivity rates. We will also talk to market associations on measures to reduce congestion.
Stating that the lockdown is not a solution for COVID-19, he said that the real solution lies with the medical sector and that the government is only looking for ways to look at ways to prevent congestion in markets.
Earlier in day, Kejriwal also said that the decision to allow 200 people to attend weddings and other functions in Delhi would now be withdrawn and a request for the same has been sent for the approval of the Lieutenant Governor.
“When the situation in COVID-19 in Delhi improved a few weeks ago, the number of people attending weddings rose to 200 as per the Centre’s guidelines. It is now being withdrawn and only 50 people are allowed to attend such gatherings. The decision has been sent for LG’s approval,” CM said