Mumbai : A police official said that with the recovery of two more bodies, the death toll in the building collapse in Raigad district of Maharashtra rose to 15 on Wednesday.
The official said that there is no possibility of anyone else being buried under the rubble.
Superintendent of Police, Raigad Anil Paraskar told PTI, “The bodies of a 70-year-old man and a 60-year-old woman were recovered in the early hours. The death toll in the incident rose to 15.”
A five-storey building in Mahad town – Tariq Garden – collapsed on Monday evening, about 170 km from Mumbai.
Rescue teams including the National Disaster Response Force (NDRF) and police are working round the clock to rescue those trapped under the debris.
“However, there is no possibility of people buried under the debris. The search and rescue operations are on. The debris is being cleaned,” said Parskar to PTI.
On Tuesday, a four-year-old boy and a 60-year-old woman had been rescued.
(With PTI Inputs)