Mumbai: Four members of a family, including two girls aged three and seven, died after allegedly consuming contaminated food in Uttar Pradesh’s Balrampur, police said.
Additional Chief Medical Officer Dr AK Singhal said that Kanchana (65), Suman (30), Rajni (7) and Shalini (3) of Gokuli village of Shivpura area of the district started vomiting after eating food.
Attempts were made to take him to the hospital, but he died before treatment.
Another three-year-old girl, Pinky, is in critical condition and is undergoing treatment at the hospital, he said.
Singhal said that after receiving information about the incident, the health department has distributed medicines in the village.
He urged the villagers not to consume stale food, and drink water after boiling it, and inform the health department team in case of vomiting.