Mumbai: Local Trains are being called as lifeline of Mumbai and models of local trains have been updating time by time. Recently Western Railways started AC local which was a successful idea. This time Western Railway has come up with a new idea called Uttam Rake.
The newly introduced rake has improved interiors and advanced features to make traveling in local a better experience for the Mumbaikars.
This train has been built in ICF Chennai and it has been handed to Western Railway.
Previously there was a chain in the compartments which when pulled then trains used to top but in this new coach, there is a red button, by pressing it motorman will get the message of stopping the train.
In the ladies’ compartment, there are posters of Indian ladies who have made their names in various sectors of the society for eg, Saina Nehwal, Mithali Raj, etc.
List of features in Uttam Rake.
- Starting with seats in second class compartments, the local has been updated with wooden colored FRP(Fibre Reinforced Plastic) seats which are more comfortable than previous.
- Provision of CCTV Surveillance System in all coaches
- Anti-dent partitions in coaches to prevent thefts
- Modular Luggage rack
- High backrest seats in First Class coaches
- Improved Dual Lock Stopper with dual-slot handles windows in all coaches
- Wider and improved grab handles for better grip
- Latest Brushless DC (BLDC) fans in all coaches which consume 30% less energy than conventional fans
- Provision of modular type diffused LED lights
- Electrically operated Passenger Alarm System in place of traditional emergency chains
- Smooth finished corrugated FRP ceiling and Wooden finished Roof Ventilation Duct Area to enhance the aesthetic appeal of coach interior
- Provision of camouflaged aluminum molded strips on floor to discourage theft
- Stainless steel protective plate near all passenger seats to avoid color fading due to footwear friction.
- Red emergency buttons.