City News

25-Year-Old Man Dies After Challenge To Eat 150 Momos In Bihar

Mumbai: A 25-year-old man died after he accepted his friends’ challenge to eat 150 momos in Bihar’s Gopalganj, police said. They added that he collapsed after eating a large number of momos and was declared dead at a hospital.

Vipin Kumar Manjhi (25), a resident of Sihorwa village in the district’s Thawe police station, was identified as the dead. Manjhi was a mobile phone mechanic with a store in the region of Gyani Mor. His body was found near Gyani Mor.

“Preliminary investigation reveals that Manjhi participated in momos eating challenge in which he consumed at least 150 momos.” His health deteriorated in the shop after consuming a significant quantity of momos.

“He fell to the ground. The event was reported to us by the store owner and two of his friends. We sent him to Sadar hospital, where he died during treatment,” said Shashi Ranjan, SHO of Thawe police station.

He stated that the event took place on Thursday evening. “We conducted the postmortem and turned over the dead body,” he explained.

 Meanwhile, the deceased’s family members alleged that his pals fed him poisoned food.

Follow us on Twitter, Google News, and Instagram, and like us on Facebook for the latest updates and exciting stories. 

Show More

Leave a Reply

Back to top button