SPORTS

Naman Ojha Announces Retirement From All Forms Of Cricket

Mumbai: Ex-India wicket-keeper batsman Naman Ojha on Monday announced his retirement from all forms of cricket.

He also stated that he cannot wait to play in global T20 and T10 leagues.

Ojha made his international debut for India in 2010 but played only one ODI for Men in Blue. The same year, Ojha went to play his first T20I for India.

“I have decided to announce my retirement from international cricket and BCCI domestic tournaments, but I am waiting to play in all the global T20 and T20 tournaments. When you have a family, you have to think about everything and I think the time had come to give youngsters a chance, I have no interest in being a backup player, last year Delhi Capitals picked me as back-up to Rishabh Pant, its better I play rather than being a back-up,” Ojha told ANI.

He said, “It is a different fun to play than sitting on the bench. You will know in the next 4-6 days where I play.”

Ojha went on to represent India in both T20Is against Zimbabwe. The 37-year-old earned his first Test cap in 2015 against Sri Lanka.

The wicketkeeper-batsman is regarded as a legend in the Indian domestic circuit and he calls time for his state Madhya Pradesh with 7,861 runs in the Ranji Trophy, the highest run-scorer in the tournament for his career.

In the Indian Premier League, he represented several teams including Sunrisers Hyderabad, Rajasthan Royals and Delhi Capitals.

(With ANI Inputs)

Follow us on TwitterInstagram, and like us on Facebook for the latest updates and interesting stories.

Tags
Show More

Comments

Close

Adblock Detected

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker